Small bathrooms may seem like a difficult design task to take on — however these spaces may introduce a clever design challenge to add to your plate. Creating a functional and storage-friendly bathroom may be just what your home needs. With the amount of time spent in your bathroom, you should make sure every design element has a purpose and is functional in some way or another to create a space saver-friendly sanctuary.
Instead of adding large furniture storage, showcase your colorful and textured towels with open shelving. This will add warmth and playful colors to your space and eliminate unwanted large furniture pieces.
- Stack floating shelves to add storage in a fashionable way.
- Colorful storage ladders showcase personality and a great space to store containers.
- Sink skirts add flare and can easily hide away cleaning products.
- Wooden crates can be stacked, drilled into the wall or placed on the ground for accessible storage.
Functionality is key for a small bathroom. Small rooms can easily lead to unwanted clutter so make sure you’re only adding design elements that are functional. Don’t add knick-knacks or objects that don’t serve a purpose.
- Store cotton balls and Q-tips in glass jars on floating shelves.
- Install an under the sink hamper.
- Minimize counter space by only displaying a few personal products.
- Add stackable baskets underneath cabinets and above washer/dryer units.
Once it’s time to paint, make sure you have planned out your color palette. Keep in mind that painting a wall an accent color takes time. Use neutral colors to make your bathroom feel calm and aesthetically pleasing.
- Create a neutral color palette to form the base theme of your bathroom.
- Utilize textures and patterns in neutral tones to add creativity and depth.
- The color white is associated with cleanliness.
Pops of Color
An alternative to painting is to add pops of color by showcasing colorful hand-towels, hanging robes or placing rugs in your bathroom to create your own ambiance and flair.
- Hang colorful towels and robes to add colorful flare.
- Display stylish, hand-towels and bright colored soap dishes for easy designer touch.
- Frame mirror with an accent color to match style of bathroom
- Custom hand towels are a trendy and simple way to add originality and glamour.
The post 30 Small and Functional Bathroom Design Ideas For Cozy Homes appeared first on Freshome.com.